AdaCamp was a two-day unconference dedicated to increasing women’s participation in open technology and culture, including open source software, Wikipedia and other wiki-related projects, open knowledge and education, open government and open data, open hardware and appropriate technology, library technology, creative fan culture, remix culture, translation, localization, internationalization, and more. Seven AdaCamps were run by the Ada Initiative from 2012 to 2015.
While no more AdaCamps will be run, the Ada Initiative is happy to share the open source AdaCamp Toolkit, which gives people the tools they need to run events similar to AdaCamp.
Our seven AdaCamps between 2012 and 2015 were:
- AdaCamp Montreal, April 13–14, 2015.
- AdaCamp Bangalore, November 22–23, 2014
- AdaCamp Berlin, October 11–12, 2014
- AdaCamp Portland, June 21–22, 2014
- AdaCamp San Francisco, June 8–9, 2013
- AdaCamp DC, July 10–11, 2012
- AdaCamp Melbourne, January 14, 2012